- Be not less than 18 years and not more than 24 years of age to the closing date of applications.
- Have completed GCE (A/L) examination as specified belowduring immediate past year and be qualified for university admission, or possess an equivalent qualification in London A/L (Cambridge or Edexcel) or in any other equivalent foreign examination.
(i) Have a minimum of simple (S) passes for minimum of one(01) from following subject / subjects;
(ii) Selected following subject / subjects
|Hindu Civilization||Buddhist Civilization||History|
|Business Statistics||Home Economics||Business studies|
|Greek & Rome Civilization||Logics||Economics|
|Basics of Politics||Mathematics||Pāli|
|Christian Civilization||Communication & media studies||Information & Communication Technology|
In addition the candidate must have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of Credit (C) pass or above for English in GCE (O/L) examination or in London O/L or in any other equivalent foreign examination
- Have a minimum of Credit (C) pass for Mathematics I or Mathematics in GCE (O/L) examination or in London O/L or in any other equivalent foreign examination OR minimum Simple (S) pass for Mathematics in GCE (A/L) in London A/L or in any other equivalent foreign examination
- Candidates who apply with High School Diplomas should have passed in SAT and TOFEL with a minimum score of 550 or IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
- The applicants who apply under the category of “any other foreign examinations or equivalent qualifications in University Entrance Examinations in any other country” are advised to have relevant minimum qualifications at any other foreign examination that is equal to Sri Lanka GCE A/L. Validation should be obtained from the Department of Examinations of Sri Lanka. It is also required to submit a letter from a recognized university / academy / higher educational institution of the country from which he/she has achieved his/her qualifications certifying that the relevant qualification is sufficient to register in that university / academy / higher educational institution to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree.